Buying a home at EcoVillage Ithaca
Like the mobile global village, there are always people relocating to and from our community. We have designed a learning process to help you decide if EcoVillage is a good fit for you. The steps in the Membership Exploration process are:
1. Browse our website thoroughly, and get a feeling for the people, the place and the educational programs which are an integral part of life here.
2. Contact our Prospective Resident Coordinator to obtain our Prospective Resident Education Package, which will contain our educational process and some helpful reading materials.
3. Meet with a Membership Team member if you are eager to pursue the process further. The Visit Coordinator will connect you, so you can set up a Preliminary Meeting to review materials, gets answers to your questions, and to learn about the next steps.
4. Arrange a 5 day visit (or shorter stays which total 5 days). It’s vitally important to the process that you experience life here first-hand. We’ll help you organize this visit, during which you will participate in community activities, neighborhood meetings and work teams. This will give you the opportunity to get to know some of us, and of course we will have the opportunity to get to know you too.
5. Look at homes. Naturally, part of exploring membership is thinking about what sort of home will best suit you, and the cost of housing. Visiting various homes may be a part of your stay. Our Rentals & Sales page shows houses that are currently available. We also maintain a Prospective Buyers pool for those who have completed our educational process.
As you go through the Exploration process, continue through a home purchase, and finally make your move to EcoVillage at Ithaca, our Membership Team will help orient and welcome you to the life of our community. The very first step is to contact our Visit Coordinator and come for a tour.
We look forward to meeting you!