Beautiful, well-maintained two-bedroom home for sale in Ecovillage at Ithaca, a unique cohousing community in New York State’s Finger Lakes region. Gorgeous views of the neighborhood, large pond, fields, and distant hills through large south-facing, passive solar windows.
- 860 sq. ft. home with great natural light, views, and an open floor plan
- Top floor of an up/down duplex, shared yard with grape vines and fruit trees
- In the center of the neighborhood but on the second floor for privacy and quiet
- 2 bedrooms with lofts in each (one 80 sq. ft. loft is used as a kid’s bedroom, the other 66 sq. ft. loft is used for storage), 1 full bath
- Hardwood oak floors throughout; Thomasville kitchen cabinets
- Private deck on second floor
- Newly installed mini-split for air conditioning and back-up heating
- Very low heat bills due to large south facing solar windows and second floor location (approximately $500/year)
- New washer and dryer
- Close to parking, also includes a carport
All Ecovillage residents have access to 175 shared acres, including trails through the fields and woods; playgrounds; basketball court; swimming pond; organic farms; and adjacent land owned by Cornell Plantations, perfect for hiking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
Common houses are available for the use of all, with dining areas, playrooms, sitting rooms/libraries, kitchens, guest rooms, pool and ping pong tables, and shared laundry facilities. Community dinners and other optional events are held during the week.
Community is an important aspect of living at Ecovillage. In order to see if Ecovillage is a good fit, potential buyers are required to take a formal tour, visit for 5 days, participate in work-team activities, attend 2 community meetings, and meet with the Membership Committee, among other things. Interested parties must meet all Ecovillage membership requirements and be willing to contribute 2-4 hours a week to community work.
Price: $220,000 includes a carport
Contact: Laura Gras at 518-423-0965 or email Laura and Jami at email@example.com