For Sale: 3-Bedroom, 2-Bath Home in FRoG #130
– Lovely 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home for sale in the first neighborhood (FRoG) of Ecovillage at Ithaca, a unique cohousing community in New York State’s Finger Lakes region
– This home features 1100 sq. ft. on 2 floors (plus a mezzanine) with great natural light, high ceilings, and an open floor plan for a connected kitchen, dining room, and living room.
– Large passive-solar, south-facing windows light up during all seasons
– The living room has a ceiling fan and the upper windows have thermal shades that do a fabulous job of cooling off this space in summer. For additional cooling, there is a large window fan which serves as an attic fan to pull cool air into the house in the evening when the temperature drops outside.
– One bedroom and a full bathroom are on the 1st floor. This bathroom features a deluxe double-ended clawfoot tub and tiled floor
– Two bedrooms and another full bathroom, with tub/shower and tiled surround and floor, are on the 2nd floor
– Mezzanine offers extra space – perfect for an office, exercise room, etc
– Solar hot water system, plus a share of a community solar electric (PV) array
– The home is highly insulated with very low heating bills.
– A pond is close by with swimming and kayaking in the summer and ice skating in the winter.
– Spiral themed front garden with perennials and space for vegetables. Side yard has a raspberry patch, a Honey Gold apple tree and more perennials. A beautiful stepping stone path leads around the house to a sheltered backyard with mature trees and shrubs.
– Located right next door to the common house, which includes space for community meals and special events, an indoor children’s playroom, an activity room, an indoor sauna room, and laundry.
– FRoG neighborhood includes a beautifully maintained sandbox a couple houses away from the front door, a playground, a large basketball court, and two community gardens.
– Ecovillage Ithaca offers a wood- and metalworking shop, two saunas, multiple CSA farms, multiple fire circles, plus the use of our 175-acre property with miles of trails for hiking, birding, and skiing.
– Included in the sale of this home is a covered parking space in a nearby carport with loft for storage.
– Interested parties must meet all Ecovillage membership requirements and be willing to contribute 2-4 hours a week to community work.
– Asking price is: $343,000.
-Move in date is flexible; the current owners, Suzanne and Steve, could transition to renters until may subject to negotiation.
Photos are here:
Please contact us for tours and inquiries:
OR Steve at: