This two-story, 1,040 square feet, super-insulated, airtight home is located in the newest of the three neighborhoods in EcoVillage at Ithaca (EVI), an internationally recognized intergenerational multi-cultural co-housing community of 100 units dedicated to low energy use, sustainability, and cooperative living (compatible with individual privacy). Each neighborhood maintains a Common House containing a large kitchen and dining area, a children’s play area, and other meeting/activity rooms; two Common Houses contain rentable office spaces. All EcoVillage residents have access to these spaces as well as 175 acres of meadows and woodlands, with miles of mowed hiking, birding, and skiing trails; two swimming/skating ponds; economically priced community meals; organic vegetable and berry farms; a gourd workshop and art sales center; a sauna; a woodworking shop; and a wide variety of other features and creative community activities. Potential residents must meet EcoVillage membership requirements and be willing to contribute 2-4 hours per week to community work based on skills, interests, and abilities.
Sustainable, low-energy design
- All-electric home designed according to international “Passiv Haus” energy standards, including solar thermal (hot-water).
- Built with low VOC materials; energy recovery ventilator (ERV) ensuring constant fresh air exchange.
- Triple-paned windows opening from side or top. Storm doors front and back.
Over $20,000 invested in upgrades during initial construction.
- Engineered hardwood flooring.
- Flexible, light-filled living, food preparation, and dining spaces; ceiling fan in living area.
- Large windows, with cellular blinds; front windows looking onto neighborhood paths, open play/relaxation area; rear windows show private back yard.
- Kitchen area: ample storage spaces, lower cabinets with pull-out shelves/drawers; pantry; large center island with glass-top electric range.
- Bedroom (11’3” x 10’8”) with two large windows; adjoining walk-in closet and under-stair storage space.
- Bathroom adjoining bedroom, with sliding door, ceramic tiled floor, large counter, and tub/shower.
- Roomy front entranceway with ceramic tiled floor and adjoining utility/clothes closet with washing machine; tiled rear entryway.
- Solid oak flooring.
Bedroom (11’3” x 10’8”) with three windows and standard two-door closet.
- Full bathroom with walk-in shower off hallway.
- Open nook area with adjoining closet for HRV and limited storage.
- Attic storage area (8×8’) accessible through hallway wall opening.
- Covered front porch at ground level.
- Well-cultivated, easily managed front flower gardens; back yard with trees, shrubs, and flower garden.
- Easy access to children’s play area and community garden
- Near TREE Common House, containing large kitchen/dining room and activities spaces, sitting room, guest rooms, free laundry room (use can be scheduled mornings M-F), patio near swimming pond.
- Free outdoor parking in designated areas; carports available for sale to shareholders, with priority by length of residency in TREE.
Sales price: $312,500
Owner: Chris Scianna
Cell #: 315-412-2595