This two-story 7-year-old 1040 square feet detached, super-insulated, energy efficient home is located in the newest of the three neighborhoods in EcoVillage at Ithaca (EVI), an internationally recognized intergenerational co-housing community of 100 units dedicated to low energy use, sustainability, and cooperative living (compatible with individual privacy). It is located about 2 miles west of downtown Ithaca, a small city rich in educational, cultural, and natural resources in the beautiful Finger Lakes area of New York.
Each neighborhood maintains a Common House containing a large kitchen and dining area, a children’s play area, and other meeting/activity rooms; two Common Houses contain rentable office spaces. All EcoVillage residents have access to 175 acres of meadows and woodlands, with miles of hiking, birding, and skiing trails; two swimming/skating ponds; community meals; organic vegetable and berry farms; a sauna; a woodworking shop; and a wide variety of other features and community activities.
Potential residents must meet EcoVillage membership requirements and agree to contribute 2-4 hours per week to community work based on skills, interests, and abilities.
Sustainable, low-energy design
All-electric home designed according to international “Passiv Haus” energy standards. This two-story, well insulated home has large triple pane windows that supply plenty of light throughout the day. The home’s Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) ensures constant fresh air exchange in the interior. There is solar hot water.
First floor (fully accessible)
- Flexible, light-filled living, food preparation, and dining space;
- Large windows; front (south) windows looking onto neighborhood paths, open play/relaxation area, and other EVI neighborhoods; rear windows show private back yard, playground and community garden.
- Kitchen area: ample storage spaces; dishwasher; pantry; large center island; GE glass-top electric range with oven; GE refrigerator/top freezer; butcher-block island and counter tops.
- Bedroom (11’3” x 10’8”) with two small windows; adjoining walk-in closet and under-stair storage space.
- Full ensuite bathroom adjoining bedroom, with ceramic tiled floor, large counter, and tub/shower.
- Roomy front entranceway with ceramic tiled floor and adjoining utility/clothes closet; tiled rear entryway.
- Solid oak flooring.
Bedroom (11’3” x 10’8”) with two small windows and two-door closet.
- Full bathroom with walk-in shower off hallway.
- Open, sunny nook area on south side, with adjoining closet for HRV and limited storage.
- Covered front porch at ground level.
- Near TREE Common House, with its large kitchen/dining room for common meals (if desired), activity spaces, sitting room, patio, and free community laundry room.
- Free outdoor parking in designated area; carports may be available for sale to shareholders with priority based on length of residency in TREE.
- The TREE neighborhood has upgraded fully accessible paths.
Home sale price (purchase of shares in Coop): $300,000.
Prospective residents who wish to purchase must complete the membership process for their offer to be accepted. Information on the process may be found on the “Living Here” page.